Author Topic: Uploading code to the Kilobot  (Read 4557 times)

rudasi

Uploading code to the Kilobot
« on: November 17, 2015, 05:37:28 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to upload the kilobotskeleton.hex to a kilobot but cannot. The kilobot seems to be in pause mode (yellow led is blinking BUT it is blinking faster than the other kilobots in pause mode). The code is uploaded to other kilobots fine from the OHC. I tried flashing the kilobotsfirstfirmware.hex file onto the kilobot which seems to work. I then tried to use the OHC to program the kilobotsskeleton.hex, this did not work. I tried to directly flash kilobotskeleton.hex directly using the OHC and programmer cable, this seems to flash ok but the kilobot still does not run.

Any suggestions? Could it be hardware related?

Thanks,
Rahul

rudasi

Re: Uploading code to the Kilobot
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 06:27:47 PM »
I tried steps from the resetting eeprom sectin where I saved eeprom values from a working Kilobot and flash them onto the not working Kilobot, this did not help.

kteam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 09:30:34 AM »
Hello,

if your Kilobot did not respond to OHC command (such as Pause, Run, Sleep command) means that the internal quartz is no more correctly calibrated.
If you have loaded an EEPROM data from another Kilobot won't fix this problem, as each Kilobot has its own calibrated value. Sometimes these value are similar, but in your case, it seems that the internal quartz has derivated.

Unfortunately, the only solution is to send back to K-Team for repair. We will re-calibrated it quartz. Or maybe this can be an hardware problem.

For the record, do not load directly KilobotSkeleton.hex directly to the Kilobot with OHC and flat cable. this will erase the bootloader.
The only way to restore a Kilobot, is to flash first the KilobotFirstFirmware.hex, then uploading the new firmware with OHC through IR programing.

Best regards

rudasi

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 05:36:46 PM »
Could you please provide information on how to return the kilobot?

Thanks,
Rahul

kteam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 08:00:48 AM »
You have to contact k-team by e-mail. We will explain you all the procedure directly.

Best regards