Author Topic: Remote Access to control Khepera IV Using WIFI  (Read 4426 times)

oceanland

Remote Access to control Khepera IV Using WIFI
« on: May 24, 2016, 07:41:04 PM »
Hi!

I've already had my Khepera IV robot connected to the WIFI, how can I remote control the robot through WIFI?

Do I need to use USB to connect the robot to let it connect the WIFI every time before I can remote control, or will the robot automatically connect to the WIFI every time it turns on? Do I have to change any settings in my Virtual Box in order to do the remote control?

Thank you very much!

kteam

• Administrator
Re: Remote Access to control Khepera IV Using WIFI
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »
Hi,

if you have correctly configured the /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file, the Robot will automatically connect to your Wifi network.
The USB connection is only necessary at the first boot to configure your network.

Then you can connect to your Robot using ssh protocol to remote control your robot. You can also run the kh4server if you want to send simple command to move your robot (see chapter 6).

best regards
K-Team

oceanland

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 07:36:02 PM »
Hi kteam:

I tried to use "sudo ssh root@192.168.1.55", where 192.168.1.55 is the ip address of the robot, or at least I think it is... The system had no  response after the command typed, there was nothing showed up on my screen, not a single word. It did not ask me to accept the host authenticity as stated in the manual.

Could you give me any advice on this? Also, could you tell me how to find my ip address for the robot? My way was to heck the /etc/network/interfaces/, and the only address that did not have "#" was this one.

Thanks,
Oceanland

oceanland

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 07:37:19 PM »
Ok, this time it showed:

ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.55 port 22: Connection timed out

Thanks,
Oceanland

kteam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 04:25:32 PM »
Hi,

to check the Robot IP address, you have to type the command "ifconfig" on the Robot. It will return information about the wireless connection.

To check the network configuration, you can also type (on the Robot) a ping command with a known device (for example your server or computer IP address). If the ping command did not work, then you must check your Wifi configuration.

best regards

oceanland

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 03:54:38 AM »
I got the IP address for the robots.

Thanks, KTeam!