Author Topic: no power  (Read 5102 times)

cyoggin

no power
« on: March 22, 2012, 10:07:32 PM »
A professor bought the Koala robot about ten years ago. Now, when we try to use it, there is no power to it. We have a koala battery charger to charge Koala’s NiMH battery pack. How do I use the charger? Do I need to replace the battery pack (ie did the battery die) and how do I replace or take out the battery? Also, is it possible to upgrade the robot?

Thank you very much for your help.

kteam

• Administrator
Re: no power
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 09:31:24 AM »
Hi,

to charge the battery, you have to unplug the pack from the Koala. Once the pack outside, you must connect the charger to the SUB-D connector of the battery. The LED of the charger will indicate the charge status.
Charge it completely (approx 4-5hours) then plug it to the Koala and turn it on.
If the LED of the Koala didn't turn on, verify the fuse of the Koala (see in the usermanual to know its localisation) and measure the battery voltage with a Voltmeter.

If the Voltage of the battery remains at 0V even after a complete charge cycle, you can send back the battery for repair or purchase a new one. In this case, send us an e-mail to ask the return procedure or to obtain a quote.
Best regards
K-Team