Author Topic: Kilobot OHC connection problem  (Read 6065 times)

ccasey

Kilobot OHC connection problem
« on: May 31, 2012, 12:47:25 AM »
I have properly installed the software and drivers for the OHC.  I have had the OHC connect and even run a program that successfully moved the Kilobots.  However, the connection seems to time out after only a few minutes of being plugged in.  The OHC will be connected and working properly for a couple minutes, and then it says that it is disconnected.  In that state, I have found no way to properly reconnect.  Only after I restart my computer does the connection come back, only to disconnect once again fairly shortly.  I am not sure why it is doing this.  Any suggestions?

kteam

• Administrator
Re: Kilobot OHC connection problem
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 08:52:59 AM »
Hi,

when this problem occurs, did you try to simply unplug the OHC then re-plug it?
Have you check in the hardware manager how the OHC is recognize? Did it disappear when this problem occurs or the problem comes from the KilobotController interface?

Did you try to install it on another computer? To check if the problem didn't comes from your PC?

Best regards
K-Team

ccasey

Re: Kilobot OHC connection problem
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 12:21:29 AM »
The problem I was having is that I had the OHC installed on Windows 7 32 bit.  It works much better on a 64 bit.  Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else has issues.