Author Topic: Kilobot isn't reading the new program  (Read 5900 times)

ccasey

Kilobot isn't reading the new program
« on: June 29, 2012, 12:02:39 AM »
I created a unique program for the Kilobot.  I go through the correct file paths to access the program, then I follow all of the steps to load it the Kilobot (program flash, bootload, etc.), but once I run the Kilobot, it seems to run the default program instead of my new program.  Any ideas why this is happening?

kteam

• Administrator
Re: Kilobot isn't reading the new program
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 08:54:47 AM »
Hi,

when you upload your software inside the Kilobot, how did the Robot react? Did the RGB led turn on the three color, then blink blue during ~20s?
If yes, are you sure that you have selected the correct file through the Browse button before the Program Flash? What is wirtten in the Black pop up during the flash procedure?

And finally, have you correctly set the Jumper on the OHC?

Best regards
K-Team

ccasey

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 09:50:04 PM »
After taking a closer look at the message from the Program Flash box, I noticed it says "could not connect to AVRISP mkII on USB" but it does so directly before the box closes itself.  I tried to go to Tools>Program AVR>Connect(I also tried AutoConnect) but everything I try to connect to comes back with "connection failed".  How can I fix this?

kteam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 08:52:33 AM »
Hii,

first verify in your hardware configuration tools if the AVRisp MkII is correctly recognize.
If it isn't the case, try to re-install the driver (follow the instruction is the help section of the Kilobot controller interface).

Then once the OHC is correctly recognize, verify that the jumper is in the correct position.

Finally, be sure that no other ressource on your computer use the OHC (close AVR studio, disconnect any other debugger, etc...).

Best regards
K-Team