K-Team Products in Papers & Books
Many scientific articles, chapters and books have been written featuring K-Team products. Links to them as well as links to two research indexes are given below.
The Founding of Khepera:
Mondada, F., Franzi, E., and Ienne, P. 1993. Mobile robot miniaturization: a tool for investigation in control algorithms. In Yoshikawa, T. and Miyazaki, F. (Eds.). Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on Experimental Robotics.
Compatibility of Koala and Khepera:
Floreano, D. and Mondada, F., Evolutionary neurocontrollers for autonomous mobile robots, Neural Networks, v11, n7-8, October 1998, p1461-1478.
Khepera, its Accessories and Koala:
Floreano D. and Mondada F. Hardware solutions for evolutionary robotics. In Husbands P. and Meyer JA. , editors, Proc. of the First European Workshop on Evolutionary Robotics. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1998.
Khepera for Collective Robotics:
- A. Martinoli and F. Mondada. Collective and cooperative group behaviours: Biologically inspired experiments in robotics. In O. Khatib and J. K. Salisbury, editors, Proceedings of the Fourth International Symposium on Experimental Robotics ISER-95, pages 3--10, Stanford, U.S.A., June 1995. Springer Verlag.
- Krieger, M. J. B., Billeter, J.-B., Keller, L. 2000. Ant-like task allocation and recruitment in co-operative robots. Nature, 406, 992-995. 2000.
A group of Khepera are programmed to share tasks using rules derived from the behaviour of ants. Their ant-inspired algorithm provides a simple and efficient means of regulating activity (the collection of food items) within teams of robots.
- Lyuba Alboul, Hussein S. Abdul-Rahman, Paul S. Haynes, Jacques Penders and Julien Tharin. GUARDIANS multi-robot team as a self-organising system. Intelligent Robotics and Applications: Third International Conference, ICIRA. 2010.
Khepera for Navigation:
- A. Arleo, J. del R. Millan, and W. Gerstner. Hippocampal Spatial Model for State Space Representation in Reinforcement Learning. Technical Report 99/316, Swiss Federal Inst. of Technology Lausanne, Switzerland, 1999.
- A. Prorok, A. Arfire, A. Bahr, J. Farserotu, and A. Martinoli. Indoor Navigation Research with the Khepera III Mobile Robot: An Experimental Baseline with a Case-study on Ultra-wideband Positioning. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation, pages 1-9, 2010.
- S. Gowal, A. Prorok and A. Martinoli. Two-Phase Online Calibration for Infrared-based Inter-Robot Positioning Modules. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), San Fransisco, CA, USA, September 25-30, 2011.
- A. Prorok and A. Martinoli. A Reciprocal Sampling Algorithm for Lightweight Distributed Multi-Robot Localization. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), San Fransisco, CA, USA, September 25-30, 2011.
- S. Gowal and A. Martinoli. Bayesian Rendezvous for Distributed Robotic Systems. IEEE/RSJ 2011 International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, San Fransisco, CA, USA, September 25-30, 2011.
- S. Gowal, R. Falconi and A. Martinoli. Local Graph-based Distributed Control for Safe Highway Platooning. IEEE/RSJ 2010 International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Taipei, Taiwan, October 18-22, 2010.
- R. Falconi, S. Gowal and A. Martinoli. Graph based distributed control of non-holonomic vehicles endowed with local positioning information engaged in escorting missions. 2010 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Anchorage, AK, USA, May 3-7, 2010.
- A. Prorok, P. Tomé and M. Alcherio. Accommodation of NLOS for Ultra-Wideband TDOA Localization in Single- and Multi-Robot Systems. International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), Portugal, September 21-23, 2011.
- R. Falconi, S. Gowal and A. Martinoli. Graph-Based Distributed Control for Non-holonomic Vehicles Engaged in a Reconfiguration Task using Local Positioning Information. 2nd International Conference on Robot Communication and Coordination, Odense, March 31-April 2, 2009
Proceedings on Khepera Experiments:
- Autonomous minirobots for research and edutainment AMIRE2001 / Ulrich Rückert. Heinz-Nixdorf-Institut, Universität Paderborn. HNI-Verlagsschriftenreihe. ISBN 3-935433-06-9
- Experiments with the Mini-Robot Khepera: Proceedings of the 1st International Khepera Workshop, December 1999 / Löffler, Axel. Mondada, Francesco. Rückert, Ulrich. Heinz-Nixdorf-Institut, Universität Paderborn. HNI-Verlagsschriftenreihe. ISBN 3-931466-63-9
Research Books based on Khepera:
- Evolutionary Robotics, S. Nolfi, D. Floreano, MIT Press, 2000.
Related: Source code of Khepera simulator described in the book.
- Understanding Intelligence, R. Pfeifer, C. Scheier, MIT Press, 1999.
Related: Web site about source code described in the book.
- Idées nettes sur la logique floue, J. Godjevac, PPUR, 1997.
- Des moutons et des robots, Architecture de contrôle réactive et déplacements collectifs de robots, P. Arnaud, PPUR, 2000.
Education Book based on Khepera:
- An Introduction to AI Robotics, R. Murphy, MIT Press, 2000.
Chapters in Book:
- Saucy, P. and Mondada, F., "KhepOnTheWeb: One Year of Access to a Mobile Robot on the Internet", In K. Goldberg and R. Siegwart (eds.), Beyond Webcams, Cambridge (MA): MIT Press, 2002.
- Floreano, D., Nolfi, S., and Mondada, F., "Co-Evolution and Ontogenetic Change in Competing Robots". In M. Patel, V. Honavar, and K. Balakrishnan (eds.), Advances in the Evolutionary Synthesis of Intelligent Agents, Cambridge (MA): MIT Press, 2001.
- W. Bechtel, A. Abrahamsen, "Evolution and Development in Khepera", In Connectionism and The Mind, Blackwell Publisher, 2001.
- Floreano, D., Godjevac, J., Martinoli, A., Mondada, F., Nicoud, J-D., "Design, Control, and Applications of Autonomous Mobile Robots", In Tzafestas, S. G. (ed.) Advances in Intelligent Autonomous Agents, Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1998.
- F. Mondada and D. Floreano, "Evolution and Mobile Robotics" , In "Towards Evolvable Hardware", E. Sanchez and M. Tommasini Eds., Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1996, pp. 221-249.
A more complete list of papers recently gathered by our distributor Applied AI.
Other related articles in scientific paper search engine:
Several citations and even more to the founding of Khepera article in the NEC Research Index.
Several other citations to Khepera User Manual in the NEC Research Index.
Related articles in Computer Science Research Paper Search Engine (CORA): Several citations to the founding of Khepera article